Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pesto Pasta

I'm trying to sick to fruit and a protein for snack. E's teacher is all about fruit or vegetable for snack and I want to give them some protein to tide them over until lunch. I'm really don't have too many ideas for protein that is easy to eat and can stand not to be refrigerated for 2 hours. I think I'll just rely on cheese-sticks for E (S doesn't like them - for now, he changes his mind) and peanuts for S (E can't have in class due to allergies). Anyway above is E's snack of cheese stick and raspberries and S had peanuts and raspberries.
Lunch was pesto pasta in the thermos and pretzels, peanuts with chocolate chips on top and cantaloupe in the other container. Both boys came back with just a few peanuts and a few pretzels. I think I final have the food quantity thing down. They both said they had trouble opening the thermos but that it was warm enough. Luckily they are not picky on temperature because I didn't find that these thermos' kept things hot enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment