Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trendy new bread

So I've been seeing this new "trendy" bread recently at the store and on other lunch blogs. It has probably been around a while but I'm a bit slow... Anyway, we decided to try sandwich thins.

I was a bit worried as they pretty much look like the heal of the bread so they are all "crust". My boys aren't the biggest crust eaters so I was not sure how the sandwich thins would go over. Turns out they really likes them and I liked that they got less smashed than regular bread. Of course they are way pricier than regular bear and don't have the best ingredients list but I think they will be great lunch occasionally.Three year old A had a half sandwich of turkey and cheese with some cantelope and strawberries on the side.
The seven year olds had a whole sandwich with cantaloupe and strawberries on the side.
Since I didn't see any gluten free sandwich thins, I had a (not trendy) rice cake with turkeu and cheese with cantelope and strawberries on the side. ;)

See more at What's for lunch Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. We buy the Orowheat Thins and the girls love them. Like the idea of turkey & cheese on a rice cake..I always just add PB&J to mine..lol Stopping by from WFLW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the Nature's Own MultiGrain or Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds. Do you have a $Tree near you? Ours sells them and I compared to the Target next door, same product, same expiry dates, same delivery guy even, but $1 a pack, compared to $3.

    Thanks for linking up this week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yeah, I thought those sandwich thins were all great until my husband said they were like the heels of a loaf of bread and that ruined it for me.
    I like my bread fluffy and full of seeds anyway. ;-)

    Cute bentos, as always, Alie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the Nature's Own ones like Shannon mentioned. I really like them. I've used them to make little pizzas too. In fact, that's what I had for dinner last night. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll check out my local dollar store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, may i know which brand of crackers did you used for the cheese on crackers? Is it wholemeal?

    ReplyDelete